The beginning of this year hasn’t been too “peachy” for me. I am literally (yes, li-te-ral-ly) punching these words on my keyboard right now. Yeah, GREAT CONTRAST WITH MY PREVIOUS POST!!
Hooooo, deep breaths Abeeha.
Breathe in, breathe out.
First of all let me say I love my country – I can happily give my life for it – but I do hate ONE thing. We have really shitty internet.
So the internet services of Pakistan rely on two big ass submarine fiber optic cables; one is the SeaMeWe and the other is IMeWe.
(who came up with those names by the way?)
Nowadays, we Pakistanis are YET AGAIN facing severe outages in our bandwidth due to the GOD FORSAKEN IMeWe cable. Read more about it from this link here. And of course my life is a living hell right now because my ISP is PTCL, the one provider that is most reliant on the IMeWe.
Because of this:
- I can’t browse WordPress easily. To open a fellow followers blog I have to retry 50 times. YES, FIFTY FUDGING TIMES to open ONE blog! And even then the pages open up in simple HTML (i.e. in a shitty ass non-graphical format)
- If I post a comment on any post I have to submit it in 10 retries MINIMUM.
- I am unable to make important Skype calls. And if I mistakenly DO get connected to a call it drops in under 5 minutes.
- I am unable to receive or send messages on Whatsapp. *facepalm*
- I can’t view any posts or pictures on Facebook.
Oo, but I CAN Google things. That’s the one site working smoothly 😀 So I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.
Let’s do one quicky Google Search…
To the people who do the so-called “Maintenance” of these cables, next time don’t fix the damage by sticking a f@#%ing chewed bubble gum around the f@#%ing wire. Having two major outages in the span of a year is PATHETIC.
And to my WP Family, I’m sorry if I’m unable to visit your blogs for the next few days. I have been dying to read all your New Years posts, but opening just one blog takes an average of 30 minutes. Therefore I apologize for my absence. Well, I’m not really absent, I’m just sitting here BANGING my head on the keyboard.