With a total of 10 Blogging Award Nominations now, I just can’t help feeling so weird and “out of place”, because I feel so inadequate that I’m in this community of such amazing writers whose biggest passion in life is writing, and here I – a very non-serious blogger who just writes casual gibberish from time to time – gets these nominations. I just feel ever so humble for the love you people have shown me. I don’t deserve it (AT ALL) but nonetheless thank you so so very much to each and every person I’ve come to know here.
I’m sorry that I couldn’t find the time to write a proper post for these awards. Sorry 😦 Anyway, here it is (FINALLY).
Creative Blogger Award by Udayology
Dragon’s Loyalty Award by Princess Kick-Ass and Akhiz Munawar
Encouraging Thunder Award by JabrushBlog
The Premio Dardos Award by Akhiz Munawar
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by BeingEccentric
First of all, who comes up with the names for these awards? Just look at them, such badassery. Kudos to the creators!
Secondly, you see the names and blog links of the people who nominated me? These are some of the best people you’ll find here on WP. Go RIGHT NOW and follow their blogs. They are amazesauce!
Now I’m not gonna waste anyone’s time and write down the rules for the awards; you can go easily Google them. The rules of two of these awards is that I have to write 7 facts about myself. I’ve already done this before, so coming up with 7 more is, err, hard. Anyhoe, I’m not that interesting so, what I am gonna write is 5 weaknesses about myself.
- I’m very anti-social. It’s not just about my introversion, I just don’t like humans. That’s why I’ve had a hard time making friends. I only open up to the people I trust, and I don’t trust easily. I’ve interacted and opened-up myself a lot here on WordPress, so that says a lot about how much I trust you guys.
- I don’t utter many words from my mouth. I can be social with my written words but not verbally. I just think a LOT before I speak, and most times those words just remain stuck in the thought-process. Again, WP is the one place where I’ve said more words than I’ve ever did in my entire life. I don’t even speak much at home.
- Victim of over-perfectionism. Being a perfectionist isn’t that a good thing, and being an over-perfectionist is even worse. If things don’t go EXACTLY the way I’ve planned them to be I just don’t handle that quite well, and people start to think I’m aggressive (and crazy).
- I can’t tolerate stupidity. Is that a weakness? Yes. Because in life you will come across countless people who will behave stupidly around you, who will say idiotic things and you have to tolerate that. They might include your own friends or coworkers. But I don’t have that tolerance. I tend to get a very “get out of my face” attitude and it hurts them. So I’m really sorry for such rude behavior on my part. 😦
- I’m over-ambitious. You know what’s the bad thing about being over-ambitious? It’s that you take up so many new projects/things that when you step back and look at that interesting mess you’ve created for yourself you just can’t help thinking that it’s all beyond your capability. But I never turn away from a challenge so I keep myself so much drenched in that mess that my personal life (and my health) suffers because of it.
Yeah, by now you might be thinking, “What a pretentious little jerk.” I’m sorry you feel that way 😦 But there’s one thing I really do like about myself. I have good heart. I’m the most loving, sweet (and sometimes funny) person to the people I care about. For them I can do anything, I can sacrifice anything. Only a few get to know that “jollier” side of me, and by now you guys and my family are the only people who know me the most. 🙂
Next up, for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, I have to answer a few questions by our dear LubnaMaryam who writes at BeingEccentric.
1 – What was your ‘Dream Come True Moment’ in life so far?
A. To have my own room. I just wrote a post about it a few days ago. 🙂
2 – Favorite food?
A. I have no non-favorite food. I eat everything like an animal. Vegetables, pulses, all kinds of meat (minus the Haram ones), you name it 😀 But my most favorite foods are rice dishes. Anything with rice is heaven for me (especially biryani).
3 – If there was one thing you would like to change about the world, what would it be?
A. If I say “Eliminate World Hunger” that would be a very Miss World pageant type of answer. So I will go with “Peaceful Coexistence. Among all the religions, among all the races.” If you do this, 80% of the problems of the world are gone.
4 – Favorite place to travel?
A. The entire World. Period.
5 – An ideal weekend would be? Describe.
A. It’s in the future. With me lying on the beach in the Bahamas while reading a good book, with my hubby doing push-ups beside me trying to get my attention, and my two beautiful little children on the other side building sand castles, and with all of us having no worry in the world 😉
6 – Who is the most important person in your life?
A. My mother. I can’t imagine a life without her. She’s my best friend, my sister, my mentor, my confidant, my teacher. Everything.
7 – How important is ‘Religion’?
A. The MOST important. I belong to a fairly religious household so I’ve been taught to never compromise on religion. I used to slip up sometimes, get relaxed on my prayers, but as time passed I started an in-depth study of Islam via reading the Quran, it’s tafseer, studying various other books and understanding lectures by noted scholars like Nauman Ali Khan, Dr. Zakir Naik and others. So as my knowledge increased, my love for God also increased tremendously. Most people would say that I don’t seem like a very religious person, but it’s because I like to keep my religiosity just to myself. 🙂 And it all doesn’t turn me into a terrorist nut. Duh!
You know what’s my biggest sorrow in life? It’s that a few asshole terrorist groups whose main mission in life is to give Islam a bad name actually do succeed in their mission. I being a Pakistani Muslim am one of the most hated creeds in the world. Just because of those dickholes. But the world doesn’t realize that chanting “Allahu Akbar” while murdering innocent people, speaking Arabic with a ridiculous accent and waving a flag with Islamic words written on it doesn’t turn those posers into Muslims. Sorry for the rant, but it’s just… sad.
8 – Your take on the world in one line.
A. According to the media: “It’s a terrifying place.” According to me: “It’s a beautifully terrifying place.”
9 – What do you like about my blog?
A. I really like your writing style, because it kinda reminds me of my own. 😉 Very easy-going and it reflects your kind and sweet nature. 🙂
Finally, there you have it. Now it’s time for some nominations!
I decided that this time I’m only going to nominate some of my most beloved blogs who’ve been a source of infinite joy for me (and I’m sorry if I miss out on anyone who should’ve been here). For the ones who don’t want to accept the awards, you can happily break the chain! 🙂
Please follow these people’s blogs, they are the most wonderful, talented and creative people EVER! Wayyyy better than me 😀
Thank you EVERYONE for the love ❤