Just like the rest of the world (who ran the genuine versions of Windows 7 and 8.1 on their computers) I’ve also been exploring the new free update of Windows 10 on my system for the past two days and I must say I am thoroughly impressed; mostly because it seems so stable and bug-free till now.
The only issue I’ve been having is that the startup is slower than usual. On my 8.1 it took a maximum of 5 seconds for it to come into working order but on 10 it takes 45 seconds. Ah well, that’s not that big of a complaint; it gives me plenty of time to browse through the 9Gag feed on my phone 😛
Being a lay(wo)man in technical computer knowledge I can’t judge the technical aspects of this OS but some of the things that I loved the MOST are:
1. The extremely sexy GUI – It’s pleasing for my eyes and my brain, enough said.
2. The shiny new startup menu – Just look at it, it’s a beautiful mashup of Windows 7 and 8.1’s menus :’)
3. The modern Windows apps – All of them are working A-Ok, but Groove Music is by far my most favorite one 😛
4. The now bearable Windows Search – OH MY GOD IT”S SO F**KING FAST!!!
5. The Action Center – It’s got my mail, notifications, settings etc all in one place. Awesomesauce.
6. Settings and Control Panel – Simplified and super user friendly. Loving it!
Other than the comparatively slow startup time I just have one more problem with it.
No Cortana 😦
I mean come on guys! I’ve always wanted to talk to Siri coz she seemed so cool, but I could not afford an iPhone. So now I finally had the chance to interact with Cortana and you took that away as well It’s only available in USA -_-
Ohhh sayyy can you seeee, that you are being unfair to us South Asians 😥
Anywhoo, it’s okay. All in all I’m very happy with the whole package and I will be buying Windows 10 Pro after my 1 year free period is over. Great job guys.