It’s so cool that no one actually WINS these awards but only gets nominated. This is done purely out of promoting cooperation among the blogger community, not competition. You are simply using these awards as a tool for helping other bloggers come under the spotlight. Gee, that’s why I love WordPress ^_^ That reminds me, read more about the debate on “Cooperation vs. Competition” on Janice Wald’s post “The Great Blogger Hoax“. She raises a few very good points.
As for the award, this is my SECOND nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award (aaww shucks thanks you so much dear, but we both know I’m not that versatile, you’re too kind) given by a very dear friend of mine Miusho who writes at “Emotional Luggage“, which is one of my most favorite blogs here. She’s witty, charming and adorable and I kinda love her like a big sister now, so please do visit her blog and check it out 🙂
And oh yes, the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link back to the post on your site announcing their nomination.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things/facts about yourself.
So I’ve been nominated for this before, and I’ve already told you guys some facts about myself (check them out here) soooo it’s kinda tough coming up with 7 more of these again but I’ll give em’ a try :3
Some MORE Super Boring and Random Facts about Abeeha Mahmood:
- I have a resting bitch face. All the people I’ve met in my life have said that I seem super mean from afar so I try to fix it by keeping a smile on my face at all times, but to be honest now I look like an psychopath secretly plotting to kill someone 😦 I gotta learn to control my facial expressions!
- I’m an introvert. It’s not that I’m shy or don’t like people. I just like keeping to myself. I am my own best friend. I don’t interact with people for the sake of socializing. I only open my mouth when I have something worthwhile to say or add to the conversation. This blog is actually the one place where I’ve typed more words than I’ve actually said with my own mouth in my entire life.
- I’ve had my fair share of spanking in childhood. I had a chaotic attitude when I was a child; I would’ve killed me if I was in my mom’s place. But I can’t thank her enough for all that because if she hadn’t disciplined me in those years then I wouldn’t have turned out to be this amazing woman I am today. 😉
- I’m actually a good singer. Not a lot of people know that because I keep this talent to myself. I mostly practice my singing while driving, and the singer with whom my voice suits the most is Florence Welch from Florence + The Machine.
- I’m a hopeless romantic. Too bad I’ve never actually fallen in love so I don’t know how that’ll turn out, but I’m optimistic about it because I know I will do anything and everything in my power for the man of my dreams 🙂 My Mr. Right, whoever and wherever you are, dude you’re missing out.
- I think I suffer from a mild case of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). I obsess about the most minor of things; I always keep things in their precise order and symmetry otherwise I begin to get nervous and get a sinking feeling in my heart.
- I’m an acrophobic. I’m terrified of heights. Whenever I look down from a higher place the first thought that pops into my head is about all the horrible ways I can die if I fall from there, and then I start to get a woozy feeling in my head and my hands and legs start to shake. Overcoming this fear is one of my top Bucket-List Items, so for that I’ve decided that I will do bungee-jumping and sky-diving at least ONCE in my life. I know I’ll probably die from a heart-attack if I do that, but at least I’ll be happy I tried 😛
Sorry, sorry, I’ll get on with it.
Now time for the nominations. I’ll be nominating 10 blogs I’ve recently discovered that I think are awesome and versatile. I kept it to a 10 instead of 15 because that’s all I could find in 10 minutes; I have to get started on my university assignment RIGHT NOW that has a deadline till tomorrow morning! So, here are my nominations. If you guys have already been nominated then it’s up to you whether you wanna accept it again or not, but I just wanna let you know that you’re amazing and I think other people should also check you out 🙂
- Sunshine and Showers
- Oh The Places You’ll Go
- Quotations, Idioms and Proverbs
- Work in Progress
- Live, Love, Laugh
- Tranquil Notions
And that’s a wrap!