Oh-Kay this is bizarre! This blogging thing is something I do as a hobby. English isn’t my first language! I’m terrible at it. Just look at my narrative. It’s all over the place! 😛 You know, I saw so many people being nominated for their amazing and infinitely fun blogs but I had no idea whatsoever that I’d be one of them one day 😀 Thank you so very much Abyssbrain for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
Control it, Abeeha! Conceal it, don’t feel it!
I know this might not be a big deal for most people, but for me, this is HUGE! Liebster Award is presented to bloggers who have less then 200 followers but have stupendous potential to grow big in the future! 🙂 You know, the only other thing I was ever nominated for was “Best Director” in a university play. I won that award by the way, but didn’t receive any recognition for it as it was all severely unofficial and the teacher ran out of funds. Yeah.
So anyway, I’ve been nominated by Abyssbrain, one of my most favorite bloggers here at WordPress. Please go check out his awesomesauce blog “Mathemagical Site” to explore the cool side of math, science and tech! ^_^ Trust me, it’s incredible!
Now, it’s time for answering the 10 questions:
1. What is your opinion of mathematics in general?
Maths and I, we never got along much I always scored so poorly in it. But as I grew older I began to appreciate it more and study it with enthusiasm because I realized that it’s significance can not be ignored. Everything we humans have achieved today, especially in the field of science and technology, we owe it all to mathematics.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how reliant are you on technology? Explain.
I would have to say, 9. My whole life revolves around technology. As a student I’m reliant on my laptop 24/7. The age of destroying trees for the sake of academics is long gone. And as a “Couch Potahto” all my hobbies relating to watching movies, shows, music, books, (and blogging), all of the magic happens on my TV, laptop and tablet. Now don’t get me started on mobile phones, cars, refrigerators, air conditioners and every other single thing that involves tech coz then this’ll turn into an exhaustively long post 😀
3. What are your top 3 favorite books?
- “The Dark Tower Series” (all seven books) by Stephen King. He is the reason I started to love reading.
- “Station Eleven” by Emily St. John Mandel. This book is beautiful beyond words. You might think that a post-pandemic world which has wiped almost all of human existence (and all of technology) would be drought of hope, but this book will make you think otherwise.
- “Us” by David Nicholls. A story about a failing marriage and a man’s fight to sustain it, all the while travelling through the entire Europe. This book is so vivid in its exploration of Europe, it’s culture and the way it digs into the dynamics of a complex relationship that it just leaves you in awe.
4. If somebody ask you to give a random advice, what would you say?
Wanna be happy in life? Get rid of all those people who shackle you to the ground and never let you realize your true potential. It may involve your friends or even who you think as your significant other. If they take you forgranted, please rip that relation off like a contaminated band-aid.
5. What is the most boring and tedious thing that you have ever done?
Trying to learn new words from Oxford’s dictionary.Most boring thing I’ve ever done.
6. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be?
Work as a traveler for the Discovery Channel or the National Geographic Channel. Please hire me 😥
7. What are some of your happiest childhood memories?
- My dad gifting me video cassettes of Disney cartoons, every weekend. Oh the joy I felt!
- Watching “The Green Mile” with my mother at the age of 6 and crying with her at the end.
- My grandpa letting me watch him shave his beard with his old antique shaving tools. He never let anyone near those tools except me.
8. What song best describes your life?
“Song for Zula” by Phosphorescent. I’ve seen love in my life in various forms. Not necessarily in the terms of ‘love of a partner’. Nope, that is yet to come. But whenever I’ve opened up myself to someone, they have screwed me over. To them I would say what Phosphorescent said in this song, “But my heart is wild, and my bones are steel; and I could kill you with my bare hands if I was free”. So, yeah this song pretty much sums up my thoughts on my personal life.
9. What is the most confusing movie that you have ever watched?
The Fountain. That movie just went wayyyy over my head.
10. If you can choose any category on a quiz show, which category would you choose?
Pop Culture. I would totally nail that. Boom!
I hope you liked my answers. *fingers crossed*
Here are the official rules for the Liebster Award nomination:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Lo and behold, now I present to you the blogs I’ve nominated for the Liebster:
Emotional Luggage: https://miurahh.wordpress.com/
Jordan’s Blogalong Extravaganza: https://jkirian92.wordpress.com/
The Main Focus: https://annermurray.wordpress.com/
Skipah’s Realm: http://skipahsrealm.com/
My Personal Thing: https://mypersonallthing.wordpress.com/
Cici’s Rant: https://cicisrant.wordpress.com/
The Summer Rain: https://umberays.wordpress.com/
Yashika194’s Blog: https://yashika194.wordpress.com/
A Photo a Day for 365 Days: https://sbalding67.wordpress.com/
Alrighty then, now it’s my turn to ask the questions to my dear nominees! And my questions are… Drum-roll please!
- What is your biggest fear in life? And why?
- If you had the chance to go back in time and undo the mistakes you’ve made, would you? Give us the reason of your answer.
- What Top 3 qualities do you believe must be in your life partner?
- List your Top 3 favorite movies. It’s not necessary that they must be critically acclaimed or something.
- If I ask you to suggest me a book that will change my life, which book will you refer? Please no Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird or Lord of the Flies.
- Who is your favorite fictional hero/heroine (in movie or TV). And why? Super-powers aren’t necessary.
- What makes you happy (it should not involve technology)?
- What are the Top 3 things on your Bucket List?
- Tell me your favorite joke!
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Let’s keep this going ^_^ ❤